Urban land development places significant pressure on waterways, increasing the flow and frequency of stormwater that in turn causes erosion and sediment generation. In addition, stormwater contains significant levels of contaminants and pollutants that can further degrade waterway health and damage riparian vegetation.
Southern Habitat can design a treatment system that is sympathetic to the waterway environment, including streamside rehabilitation and a range of soft engineering solutions to prevent further erosion and turbidity.
Our Waterways Rehabilitation Services include:
- Creek-line reconstruction and stabilisation
- Natural Water Channel Design and Construction
- Bank Stabilisation and Armouring
- Pool and Riffle Construction
- Instream and Riparian Planting & Maintenance
- Aquatic Weed Control
- In-stream Woody Weed Removal
- Sediment Control, Removal and Disposal
- Rubbish and Debris Removal
- Erosion and Sediment Control